Air Fryer Roast Beef – with Herb Crust
Air Fryer Roast Beef - with Herb Crust
Inspired by Shelby Law Ruttan from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
A moist, delicious, herb-crusted roast beef cooked to perfection in the air fryer.
1 hour 15 mins
- 2 lb LM meat Inside beef round roast
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Preheat the air fryer for 15 minutes at 390 degrees. Combine the garlic powder, onion salt, parsley, thyme, and basil, salt, and pepper.
Rub the roast with the olive oil then rub the herb mixture over the entire roast.
Place the roast in preheated air fryer. Set timer for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove the basket and turn the roast over.
Reduce the temperature to 360 degrees on the air fryer and return the roast. Cook for another 60 minutes, or until thermometer reaches desired degree of doneness. Allow the roast to set for 15 minutes before cutting.
Tips and Recommendations for Air Frying Roasts
- Use a tender cut of meat for this air fryer recipe. I recommend a tenderloin, top loing, or ribeye.
- Line your air fryer basket with foil to catch drippings and minimize clean up.
- Spray the fryer basket with cooking spray to ease the clean up of the basket.
- Preheat your air fryer on 390 for 15 minutes before putting the roast in.
- Air fry the roast at 390 for 15 minutes, then turn the heat down to 360 for the remainder of cook time. This is the “searing" process that will seal the juices.
- Roast the beef for 20 minutes per pound (for rare) or 25 minutes per pound (for medium-rare), checking the temperature of the meat periodically.
- Be sure you allow the roast to rest at least 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.